To Prep: 30 – 50 minutes
- 16 dried dates
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup shredded coconut, plus ½ cup extra for topping
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Place dried dates in boiling water (roughly 10 minutes).
- Measure out remaining ingredients and place into food processor then add dates and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Mix together on high speed until mixture comes together to a slightly sticky consistency.
- Using half the remaining coconut for topping. Spread out over a 20 x 20 lamington pan. Transfer slice mixture into dish and push mixture out into a slice using the back of a spoon until 1 cm thick. Sprinkle remaining coconut over slice.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes until mixture is firm and set. Slice into bite size pieces.
Ideally these should be stored in the fridge.
Tip: These slices can be frozen for up to 3 months. Great as a snack option for lunchboxes or a healthy party treat.
If you are looking to make some lifestyle changes and wants to jump start with a new diet plan… drop by Pilates Fit studios, ask for a Hardy Nutrition voucher and save $20 on your consultation.
Recipe provided by Hardy Nutrition Dietary Consulting
Try your Diet Plan with our Special Opening Sale on 12 months Mat + Fusion Unlimited
from $130 per month, its now only $99! Save $372 per year.